Wangaratta Art Gallery – Gallery2 Exhibitions Program 2020-2021
Gallery2 is a curated exhibition space at Wangaratta Art Gallery that is available to exhibit.
The space gives exhibition opportunities for artists and curators living and working in particular the North east of Victoria, but applications are encouraged and welcomed from across the nation.
Wangaratta Art Gallery is inviting artists and curators to apply for solo or group exhibitions to be held between July 2020 and July 2021.
Terms & Conditions
- Application open Friday 1 Nov 2019 – close Friday 6 Dec 2019 ( midnight EST)
- Applicants will be notified in Jan 2020
- Applications may include work in any medium.
- Artists planning to show multimedia work are advised to discuss supply of AV equipment needs with Gallery staff.
- All artworks: must be new work , not previously exhibited and can be for sale.
- Wangaratta Art Gallery takes a 20% commission plus GST on all sales.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Complete applications must be lodged before deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
(Please note: Gallery2 is not climate controlled.)
A panel consisting of Wangaratta Art Gallery Director, key staff and a member of the Wangaratta Art Gallery Acquisitions Committee will assess all applications received. The panel will ensure all proposals are:
- suitable for the space
- provide a diverse array of exhibitions for visitors to enjoy
- explore new ideas, new visual arts practice methods and different ways of thinking.
The panel have the right to reject a proposal if it is not considered to meet the criteria.
Application Opens: Friday 1 Nov (9am EST)
Proposals deadline: Friday Dec 6, 2019 ( midnight EST)
Applicants notified: January 2019
Applications Must Include:
- Your contact details, including email and phone
- Exhibition title
- Exhibition proposal that outlines the concepts/themes explored in the proposed exhibition. (no more than 300 words)
- Brief Artist Biography/CV (one page)
- 6 images of works or web links to video works that will be included in your exhibition or that are indicative of the work you will make for your exhibition.
If you have further queries please contact the Exhibitions Officer:
PH: (03) 5722 0865 E: email@example.com
Wangaratta Art Gallery, 56 Ovens Street, WANGARATTA, VIC 3677
Image: Melanie Irwin, Abdominal Envelope Performance, Wangaratta Art Gallery, Gallery 2, Saturday 14 September 2019.