Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends
The Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends Inc. are a non-profit volunteer group who act as Gallery supporters and ambassadors. The Friends assist with the Gallery’s volunteer staffing, fundraising and events.
Becoming a Friend
As a Friend of the Gallery you will enjoy:
- receiving invitations to exhibition previews and openings
- invitations to free coffee mornings with a floor talk for each exhibition
- an annual Calendar of Gallery Exhibitions
- a quarterly newsletter including information about exhibitions and other activities
- excursions with a difference to other galleries, exhibitions and cultural events
- the enjoyment of being associated with the development and success of the Gallery
- a membership card which entitles you to reciprocal benefits with other public galleries – a list of participating galleries & benefits is included with membership
- membership card expires 31 Dec 2020
Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends Inc.
Visual Arts Student Award
This award is an initiative to support and acknowledge outstanding Visual Art students in the Rural City of Wangaratta, Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends Inc. are inviting applications for Year 12 students to apply for the Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends 2019 Visual Arts Student Award.
The award is valued at the total of $1000.
Deadline extended till 5pm Monday 28 October
Please click link below for Guidelines & How to apply
Gabriel Curtin, You told me God was a patch of galaxy moving inside the trapped bodies of a boy and girl riding on the back of a wolf through space, (detail), pen and watercolor on paper, 2012. Wangaratta Art Gallery Collection.
The Wangaratta Art Gallery could not fully function without its supportive group of dedicated volunteers. As a Friend of the Gallery you are not obliged to assist with volunteering, we understand that people’s lives and commitments change frequently. Should you choose to volunteer some time at the Gallery, the Gallery team will be happy to work with you to find ways that you can be involved with the time that you have available. As a Gallery Volunteer you can choose to…
- assist with voluntary work, including attendant duty in the Gallery
- develop an interest in the work and objectives of the Gallery
- help to organise special events
- assist with the arrangements for refreshments at exhibition openings
As a friend of the gallery you will enjoy reciprocal benefits at other galleries and museums who are members of the Public Galleries Association of Victoria (PGAV). It is possible to re-coup your membership donation in a single visit to the National Gallery of Victoria by purchasing discount admission to a blockbuster exhibition (eg. Picasso, the Impressionists), 10% off morning tea at the cafe and 10% off a purchase in the wonderful NGV Shop. Visit twice a year and you’ve got fantastic value from your membership!