Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends
The Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends Inc. are a non-profit volunteer group who act as Gallery supporters and ambassadors. The Friends assist with the Gallery’s volunteer staffing, fundraising and events.
Becoming a Friend
As a Friend of the Gallery you will enjoy:
- receiving invitations to exhibition previews and openings
- invitations to free coffee mornings with a floor talk for each exhibition
- an annual Calendar of Gallery Exhibitions
- a quarterly newsletter including information about exhibitions and other activities
- excursions with a difference to other galleries, exhibitions and cultural events
- the enjoyment of being associated with the development and success of the Gallery
- a membership card which entitles you to reciprocal benefits with other public galleries – a list of participating galleries & benefits is included with membership
- membership card expires 31 Dec 2020
Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends Visual Arts Student Award Guidelines 2020
This award is an initiative to support and acknowledge outstanding Visual Art students in the Rural City of Wangaratta.
Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends Inc. are inviting 2020 Year 12 students to apply with an expression of interest for the Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends 2020 Visual Arts Student Award.
The award is valued at the total of $1000.
Who Can Apply
Students attending any secondary school who have completed Year 12 in 2020, studying any visual arts medium and live in the Rural City of Wangaratta are invited to submit applications.
The award is intended to assist future visual arts students to follow their aspirations into further studies or a dedicated pathway into the creative sector.
The students will be assessed on their aspirations, their dedication and evidence of a well-developed visual arts single project or folio presentation within their final Year 12 schooling.
Applications are open from Monday 16 November and close 5pm Friday December 11, 2020
The student’s will be assessed by a panel including the Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends Committee and Wangaratta Art Gallery Staff.
How to Apply
• A letter addressed to the Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends outlining why they want to apply for the award and what they plan to do with their visual arts or creative pathway after year 12.
• 50-word summary of the design brief or outline of their proposed artwork put forward for assessment.
• 2-3 images that indicate clear details (title, size. medium) on the submitted work or examples of folio development.
• A short CV outlining subjects studied, interest and goals.
• send applications to email@example.com
• Call (03) 5722 0865 or visit wangarattaartgallery.com.au
Wangaratta Art Gallery Friends, Visual Arts Student award will be announced Friday December 18, 2020.
Image :L – Rachel Fischer, The Routine, 2019, video still. R – Rachel Fischer receiving the Visual Arts Award 2019 at Wangaratta Art Gallery
The Wangaratta Art Gallery could not fully function without its supportive group of dedicated volunteers. As a Friend of the Gallery you are not obliged to assist with volunteering, we understand that people’s lives and commitments change frequently. Should you choose to volunteer some time at the Gallery, the Gallery team will be happy to work with you to find ways that you can be involved with the time that you have available. As a Gallery Volunteer you can choose to…
- assist with voluntary work, including attendant duty in the Gallery
- develop an interest in the work and objectives of the Gallery
- help to organise special events
- assist with the arrangements for refreshments at exhibition openings
As a friend of the gallery you will enjoy reciprocal benefits at other galleries and museums who are members of the Public Galleries Association of Victoria (PGAV). It is possible to re-coup your membership donation in a single visit to the National Gallery of Victoria by purchasing discount admission to a blockbuster exhibition (eg. Picasso, the Impressionists), 10% off morning tea at the cafe and 10% off a purchase in the wonderful NGV Shop. Visit twice a year and you’ve got fantastic value from your membership!