Online Entry Only
Completed entries must be submitted no later than 5pm EST Friday 13 March 2020
Please Note: Read all conditions of entry carefully – applications that are submitted which do not comply with these guidelines will not be accepted.
Entry is open to all Australian professional practising artists working in textile media.
- Artists may submit a maximum of 3 works. All works submitted must be available for the exhibition and must have been executed since July 2018.
- The works may be for sale. A commission of 20% will be retained by the Wangaratta Art Gallery, your price must include commission and GST if applicable.
- For artworks requiring difficult/suspended or unusual installation methods, the artist is advised to discuss requirements with Gallery staff prior to entering.
- Size of work/s STRICTLY must not exceed 30 x 30 x 30cm (including framing and/or display mechanisms) Be aware if you buy a 30 x 30cm stretcher off the shelf and you stretch something else over it, this will exceed the size limit. PLEASE NOTE: If selected works at time of installation are found to exceed these measurements the Gallery reserves the right to reject the work.
- Please ensure your application is completed in full. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. Applications must be received by 5pm EST Friday 13 March 2020. Late entries will not be accepted.
Entry Deadline & Fee
- Entries must be received by 5pm EST Friday 13 March 2020
- Entry fee is $20, inc GST per artwork (max 3 entries $60)
- Applicants will be advised of selection by Friday 17 April 2020.
A completed online entry form indicates that the entrant authorises the reproduction of images of their work and extracts from the artist’s statement and CV in the catalogue, website, publicity and associated publications related to the exhibition.
Artist Statement & CV
The Artist’s Statement needs to be written in the third person. This statement should include an explanation of the artwork and the art making processes. Maximum of 100 words. Include a brief CV. This is a maximum of 2 pages.
- Artists should submit 2 images for each work – one image of the whole work (including any framing) and one detail.
- Images must be in high resolution.
- JPEG format, 3mb or larger.
- JPEG files must include the following details as the file name: surname-first name-title of work.jpeg
The Director of the Wangaratta Art Gallery as the administrator of the Exhibition reserves the right to reject an entry if it is considered not to meet the criteria for entry. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
Freight & Delivery
- Selected works must be delivered to the Wangaratta Art Gallery, 56 Ovens St, Wangaratta by Monday 18 May 2020 – between 9am – 5pm.
- Freight to and from the Wangaratta Art Gallery and transit insurance are the responsibility of the entrant. Artists are responsible for ALL transport/postage costs including return transport/postage. Return postage MUST be included with work when it arrives at the Gallery or transport MUST be organised before end of exhibition. (Cheques or cash will NOT be accepted as postage)
- The Wangaratta Art Gallery will insure all works whilst in situ on Gallery premises.
- The Gallery will at all times take due care and reasonable precautions in re-packing work using the materials provided at delivery and return via your chosen postal or collection method. PLEASE include precise and specific packing and hanging instructions if applicable.
Collection & Return of Artworks
We advise use of an art courier or personal collection of your artworks. Once work is receipted on collection from the Wangaratta Art Gallery, the gallery can take no further responsibility.
Please tick the box on the entry form to state you have read and accept the conditions of entry for Petite Miniature Textile 2020. The materials submitted for consideration by the judging panel represent my own original work.